Marissa & Ethan's Wedding
Marissa & Ethan are getting married in Riviera Maya!
They're very excited to have you join them for their wedding celebration in beautiful Riviera Maya, Mexico. Their ceremony will take place on May 11, 2024, and they would love for you to spend a well-deserved week with them at beautiful Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.
Blake and Rachel from Hidden Gem Travel, a destination wedding and group travel agency, will be taking care of all of you to make sure you attend the wedding weekend events! They have worked very hard to secure room block rates so all guests can attend their wedding May 11, 2024.
Should you have any questions regarding your trip, you can email Blake or Rachel at [email protected] or call us at 417-693-4548. Email is best for the quickest response.
Please scroll through this entire page for all information, and you're welcome to just click the links on the left-hand side of this page to jump to a section.
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Reservation Dates & Trip Deposit and Payment Schedule
- Arrive May 9, 2024: Check-in is at 3pm
- Ceremony Date: May 11, 2024
- Depart: May 14, 2024: Checkout is at 11am
- There is a 3-night minimum for this room block but you have the option to arrive earlier and stay longer. You can select your dates when filling out the reservation form.
The room categories listed on this page were selected by Marissa & Ethan for their contracted room block. There are only a certain number of rooms held, and rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Trip Deposit & Payment Schedule
- A payment of 30% of your room total is all you need to secure your reservation.
- Friday, December 1, 2023 is the deadline to pay the 30% deposit and secure your room. Any reservations requested after that date have to be requested with the resort. Room availability and contracted rates are not guaranteed.
- Full payment for your trip is due no later than February 1, 2024. The resort reserves the right to cancel your reservation if payment is not made by this date.
- Payments towards your balance can be made monthly. Hidden Gem Travel sends out monthly statements on the 5th of each month after you have approved your trip, where you can optionally apply a payment.
- You are responsible for your own flights, but we still need your flight info no later than March 8, 2024, in order to provide to the transfer company. We will send you an email with a flight collector form on February 15, 2024.
- You will fly into Cancun International Airport (CUN). This is where the transportation company will pick you up.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Since the resort is not located in the United States, the hotel is not required to comply with the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The hotel has two rooms that are accessible, the Premium Deluxe Tropical View and the Preferred Club Plunge Pool.
The public areas and restaurants at the hotel are wheelchair-accessible, just not wheelchair friendly. If you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, or oxygen tank, you can do so through Playa Mobility. Click here for their website.
Although we are arranging transfers, we've found most transportation companies are not handicap friendly. Past clients have been happy with Happy Shuttle. If you need accessible transportation services, click on their website here.
Additional Nights & Adding Guests
If you would like to arrive earlier than May 9, 2024, or stay later than May 14, 2024, please let us know when you fill out the reservation request form. We just need the resort to confirm availability.
Adding Nights/Guests Once You Arrive
As soon as the first person from this group arrives at the resort, we are not allowed to add any additional nights. We cannot add additional guests within 30 days of travel. You will have to go to the front desk and request the additional nights or guests. The resort will not honor the contracted rates, and you will pay whatever the current rate is at the time of the request.
Included in Your Price: Unlimited Food & Beverage, Room Taxes, and All Listed Amenities
Excluded in Your Price: Airfare is not included in your price. You are responsible for your own airfare. Trip Protection (see below).
Child Room Rates: Children under 3 years of age at the time of travel are free to stay. For children 3 - 12, see rates below. Children over the age of 12 at the time of travel are charged the adult rate.
Child Care Services: The resort has a Kid's Club included in the cost of your stay. You can arrange babysitting services with the concierge should you need any for your stay. Babysitting and nanny services are not part of the all-inclusive plan and will incur an additional fee of approximately $25/hour. Prices for these services are subject to change.
Accommodation Categories and Descriptions
- One king-size bed or two double beds
- Private, furnished balcony or terrace
- Full marble bathrooms with jetted aromatherapy whirlpool bathtub, separate shower, and phone
- Double vanity mirrors
- Luxury bath amenities
- 24-hour complimentary room service
- Twice-daily maid service
- Mini-bar is refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water, juice, and beer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with Unlimited Connectivity
- 50" satellite LED 4K TVs
- Sound system with in-house music channels
- Alarm clock with MP3 docking station
- Direct-dial telephone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air-conditioning with individual climate control
- Hair dryer
- Electronic in-room safe
- Connecting rooms, accessible rooms, extra beds, and cribs are available upon request
- All rooms and suites are non-smoking
- Personalized check-in and check-out
- Special concierge service
- Preferred status and amenities
- Preferred Club suites in premium locations
- Upgraded mini-bar
- Upgraded bath amenities
- Pillow menu
- Complimentary Internet access in-suite
- Complimentary newspaper in-suite every day (English or Spanish)
- Private Preferred Club Lounge
- Daily continental breakfast service
- Afternoon hot and cold hors d’oeuvres
- Exquisite desserts and fine liquors
- Complimentary computer access
- Exclusive dining privileges
- Daily à la carte breakfast in Seaside Grill restaurant
- Exclusive spa privileges
- Complimentary access to the hydrotherapy circuit at the Dreams Spa by Pevonia® (one day per stay)
- Private Preferred Club beach area
- Beachside waiter service
- Bali beds available*
*Additional cost applies
Getting to the Resort
You are welcome to book your transportation to and from the airport through any company you wish. Marissa & Ethan's room block does have the option to add transportation services to your reservation when filling out the reservation request form.
We are providing Group Non-stop Transfers, partnered with Mayaland Transportation Services. These convenient transfers will only have members of the group riding with you directly to the resort and back to the airport, with no stops along the way. Services are $56.25 per person, roundtrip, and are not included in the totals listed above for accommodation.
If you'd like to shop around, another company we work with is Lomas Travel, and their website can be found here. You can choose from a variety of transfer services as well as add on any tours for your trip.
Travel Insurance Information
**If you have any questions about the travel insurance please call Travel Insured at 1-800-243-3174. We (Hidden Gem Travel) are not a licensed insurance company and cannot legally answer any insurance-related questions.**
Not purchasing travel protection could result in the loss of your travel money and/or require more money to correct the situation. Without protection, there is no way to recoup any costs, losses, or expenses incurred. The price of Travel Protection is NOT included in the price of room selections and is non-refundable once purchased.
Having travel protection is definitely important and we recommend it for everyone. However, the choice to have travel protection is solely up to you, and you are welcome to purchase through any company you like.
When you click the link, you will need to answer a few questions about your trip, and you'll be redirected to a page with their policy plans and pricing.
The website offers plans like the "Worldwide Trip Protector" plan with optional add-ons like CFAR (Cancel for Any Reason), Optional Bed Rest to cover any quarantine expenses, and more. Travel Insured is the company we personally use and we highly recommend them for travel insurance needs.
If you want the CFAR (Cancel for Any Reason) benefit you will have to add it to the policy and you must purchase insurance no later than 21 days after you make your initial payment. CFAR is not available to NY residents.
The basic "Worldwide Trip Protector" plan which does not include CFAR can be purchased at any time, including more than 21 days after your first payment, but it will not cover the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver or the Bankruptcy/Default of an airline, cruise line, tour operator or any other travel vendors. However, you can still cancel for a covered reason and potentially receive up to 100% in refunds as long as it's a covered reason.
Depending on the reason for canceling, travel insurance will cover 75-100% of your trip cancelation and many other things like medical services, trip delay, lost luggage, and more.
We strongly suggest you call and verify which policy will be best for your travel needs. You can reach an insurance agent at 1-800-243-3174.
-Very Important - Please Read-
Reservation Cancelation Policy
If you cancel your reservation before December 1, 2023, you are only responsible for a $100.00 per person cancelation fee. However, you can reduce the number of nights on your reservation up until this date without incurring a cancelation fee.
If you cancel your reservation between December 2, 2023, and January 31, 2024, you will be responsible for 30% of your reservation total. Also, if you reduce the number of nights on your reservation between these dates, you are responsible for 50% of the nights reduced. If you have travel insurance you can file a claim to get a refund based on their terms.
If you cancel your reservation or reduce the number of nights on your reservations on or after February 1, 2024, you are responsible for 100% of your reservation total. If you have travel insurance you can file a claim to get a refund based on their terms.
Additionally, the resort will not allow the following modifications after February 1, 2024:
- Downgrading a room category
- Decreasing the number of nights on your reservation
- Removing a guest from your reservation (reducing the occupancy of your room)
This resort will not allow any changes, including name changes, to your reservation after April 10, 2024.
What can you do with your reservation between February 1, 2024, and April 10, 2024?
- Upgrade your room category, if an upgraded room category is available
- Add extra nights, if additional nights are available
- Add an additional guest or make a name change
The resort will not provide a travel or credit voucher if you arrive after your scheduled date, check out early, or do not travel on the dates selected on your reservation for any reason.
Hidden Gem Travel is not an agent of the resort and has no control over the refund policies and other rules mandated by the Resort.
If you do not purchase travel insurance and have to cancel your reservation you may still have to pay a partial penalty up to the full amount of the reservation plus the $100.00 per person cancelation fee.
If you purchased a travel insurance policy and have to cancel you will be refunded by the travel insurance company according to the travel insurance guidelines minus the non-refundable premium paid to the travel insurance company, but you are still responsible for the $100.00 per person cancelation fee.
Once a reservation is booked there is a $100.00 per person cancelation fee with no regard to the reason for the cancelation. The cancelation fee applies to cancelations that result in a re-booking.
To be considered part of Marissa & Ethan's wedding group, you must book through this group room block and not through any other method (even directly with the resort). We offer group rates and have secured a room block to make this as easy as possible. To participate in the wedding weekend events, you must stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun as part of this group.
If you stay at a different hotel/resort other than Dreams Riviera Cancun you will be considered a Non-Guest and will be charged an additional fee of $65.00 per adult. Children up to age 12 will be charged an additional fee of $35.00 per child. Children 13 and older will be charged the adult rate of $65.00. Guests 18 years old and older are required to present an official ID to access the resort. These guests are welcome to arrive 30 minutes prior to the ceremony and must be off the premises 30 minutes after the last event of the day.
Room Reservation FAQs
Room Reservation FAQs
- Where can I find Marissa & Ethan's wedding website & registry?
You can find their wedding website here.
- Do I need to make dinner reservations?
Dreams Riviera Cancun does not require dinner reservations, though, at some of the more popular restaurants, you may have to wait to be seated at dinner.
- Can I use a different credit card to make a payment?
Absolutely! You can fill out our payment form at this link any time to update your payment information: Payment Link
- Can my roommate(s) pay for their portion of the room on a separate card or does it all have to be on one card?
Yes, your roommate(s) can pay with their own card. Please make a note in the "Comments" box on the form, and tell us who else will be paying. You can then submit their credit card information through this form.
- Can I make additional payments before the final payment date?
Yes, you can! We send a monthly statement with your current balance and a payment link to optionally submit additional payments.
- I submitted my reservation but didn't immediately receive an invoice approval.
All reservation requests are processed manually by our travel agency. When you fill out a reservation form or a payment form, you do not automatically have a room or payment automatically applied. We typically send your invoice approval and receipts within 1 business day. However, if payment is submitted outside of normal business hours or over the weekend, it can take a day or two to process. Charges to your card can take up to 3-5 business days to clear on your credit card statements.
- Can I add someone else to my room after I make my reservation?
Yes. Just send us an email with the guest's legal name as it appears on their passport, date of birth, and their email address. Once we have this information we can make the adjustment for you. If you're just switching names on a reservation, the $100.00 per person cancelation fee will not be charged to the guest being removed from the reservation.
- I can't make it to the wedding, what do I do now?
We're sorry you can't make it, but we understand things happen. Please send an email with the request to cancel your reservation. We'll send a cancelation form you'll need to fill out, and a payment link for the $100.00 per person cancelation fee. Once the form is submitted and the fee is paid, we will cancel your reservation.
If you purchased travel insurance and have to cancel you will be refunded the amount according to the travel insurance policy guidelines minus the cost of the insurance premium.
If you did not purchase the travel insurance, you may still be responsible for additional fees above and beyond the $100.00 per person cancelation fee which could possibly be the full cost of your reservation.
- I don't see a way to RSVP on this website. How do I do this?
We have no way of guests being able to RSVP on this page. You can RSVP at the couple's wedding website (listed above), though many guests just notify the couple directly.
- Will everyone in our group have rooms next to each other?
While we always request this, we cannot guarantee all guests will be next to each other. This is dependent on the room categories booked, as rooms are in different parts of the resort.
- Can I request a room next to someone else?
Yes, you can always request to be next to another guest, though requests cannot be guaranteed. We have found there's a higher chance if you both make the same request and book the same room category.
- Does the transportation company have car seats available?
The transportation company does not provide car seats. If you need a car seat for your child, you should bring your own.
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Amenities
At Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, these amenities include:
- Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required
- Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- 24-hour room* and concierge services
- Pool and beach wait service
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water, and beer
- Daily maid service
- Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment
- Theme parties, oceanfront bars, and entertainment venues
- No wristbands required
- All taxes and gratuities included
- Free Wi-Fi
Unlimited-Luxury® for couples and couples with children.
*Temporarily available with limited hours from 7 am-11 pm
- Catch some rays poolside or out on our private stretch of beach
- Take to the sea for a sport fishing or deep sea diving adventure*
- Curl up on a beach blanket and enjoy a movie under the stars
- Tee off at a nearby professional golf course with complimentary green fees*
- Drop off the kids at the Explorer’s Club—a fully supervised children’s program with lots of fun activities
- Enjoy a wide variety of tours and excursions
- Three pools (two of which are heated) and two outdoor whirlpools
- Water and land aerobics
- Explorer's Club for Kids
- Beach and water volleyball
- Cooking and cocktail-making classes
- Wine tastings
- Tequila tastings
- Dance classes
- Spanish lessons
- Bocce ball
- Climbing pyramid
- Sport fishing*
- Big-screen movies by the Barefoot Grill area
- Live nightly family-friendly entertainment
- Weekly beach parties
- Mexican bingo
- Theme nights
- Beach Olympics
- Ping-pong and table games
*Additional costs may apply
How to book Your Room
How to Book Your Room
Booking your room is easy! The steps are as follows:
- Fill out the reservation request form by clicking any of the "make your reservation" buttons on this page
- Select the number of passengers and fill in the information for each. Note, you only need to fill out the information with a red asterisk next to the item; any other information is optional
- Choose your dates of stay, number of rooms, room category, and whether or not you'd like to add transportation to your booking. You can also select to receive more information about travel insurance
- Add any other special requests or comments and click "Submit". Blake or Rachel will receive your request, hold your room and send you an invoice approval
- The invoice approval will have the information provided on the reservation request form, the deposit and payment schedule, cancelation policies, and the total amount due for your stay. Click to agree (3 checkboxes), sign and date. A payment link is provided in the email with the invoice approval, so you can submit your deposit. We cannot process any deposits until your invoice is signed and payment is provided.